Sunday, January 17, 2010

First blog... all about baby steps.... :)

Well... hello out there in blog land! I am finally doing it... writing my first blog. Ever. I never really thought of myself as the blog-type. I don't know why... I guess I just wasn't sure if I could keep it up, or make it interesting for that matter. And starting a blog and not adding to it seemed pretty pointless to me. But, my beautiful friend Lindsay convinced me to do it, and even designed this pretty layout for me... so I thought, let's try it out. You know...see what happens.

I procrastinated quite a bit in doing this (yes, Lindsay, I admit it). I was going to start writing after I got back from Christmas break in Myrtle Beach. Then of course, I get sick for a week with an infection and fever, and well...you get the picture. So I had to start this weekend...but better late than never, right?

Well, this blog was basically designed to document my new life in Philadelphia, PA. And I am sure that will come into play quite a bit. But really, I have no idea what I'm going to write about, since I have never done this kind of thing, at least publicly, before. I have my own personal ways of writing my thoughts, so this is definitely a different avenue... so we'll just see what comes from it. My only thought is that I will try to make it as inieresting as possible..lol.

As I stated before, I moved to Philadelphia, PA about 6 months ago for my first real job at the Boeing Company. I am slowly but surely trying to create my own life here in PA....and I have to admit, this is the hardest thing I have ever done. But of course, I said that when I went to high school, left for college at the University of South Carolina, moved to Illinois for grad school..etc. So maybe, it's just a pattern now. :) But I definitely think that this is the craziest move I have ever made....just picking up my entire life and moving to an unknown place for a new job and leaving everything I know behind. It was easy going for school..because I knew I was going back to Myrtle Beach, SC at some point. But this....this is different. I think that's why I named my blog "Hanging by a Moment." Not just because, for those who know me well and know that I am a fan of the band Lifehouse... but also because, that's what I feel now...that I'm hangin' by a moment. Sometimes, you reach a place in your life when you have no freakin' idea what's going to happen next. And for the first time in about 10 years, that moment is here for me. I don't know what's going to happen. Scary? Yeah. Exciting? A little. Curious? You bet. So we'll see what happens... :)

But as for now, I am trying to enjoy and learn from life. Whew....that was really philosophical..wasn't it? Sorry.. I get like that sometimes. :) I promise... this blog will be funny too. :) But for now, I'll leave it at that. Just a little intro into this whole blog thing I'm doing. I'll hopefully update later on this week.. with some stuff going on here in good ole' PA. But for now kids...good night and good luck..!

(Yes..that is a total movie line... I love movies, so you will be seeing that a lot for sure. :) good night!)

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful! and I'm so excited you updated! I can't wait to read about your PA experiences! Oh, and dad says "You're out of your VOLCAN mind!" dork. love you!

    ReplyDelete